Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Royal Poet"...part two..

After changing my mind about the color I'm painting on the mini Callahan resin..and before I began to change his color... I did a Google search for grey Gypsy Cob....since the sculptor Adalee Hude sculpted Callahan to represent an Irish (Gypsy) Cob I wanted to stick with a color that was visible in that breed.

I had seen the grey Gypsy Cob photos online a few years back when I was looking for a color to paint another project. I found more photos this go round of the color grey in the Gypsy Cob breed...there were dappled greys in all stages of greying....and older greys that are almost white.

I wanted a dark steel grey...something with some rosy tones ...some white face markings would be nice too.




Here is a little tip....I use a small mirror to view both sides of the project to be sure that I have both sides evenly colored and matched.

As I'm looking at one side of the project I'll pick up my mirror and hold the reflecting side facing me on the other side of the project....working with the mirror lets me see both sides of the item at one time and I don't have to handle the wet item to see if I'm on the right track.

Back to painting for me!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

2 comments:

  1. I was skeptical about the change to a dapple grey, but wow, he looks fabulous! I love the dark steel color with the white markings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a mirror is a good idea I’m going to have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete