Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hibernating in my studio...


Wonderful Fandango...sculpted by the talented Sarah Minkiewicz to a full of fire and personality fella....look at the spunk in his eyes!

At this point Fandango is about 85% completed...I still need to darken his legs, paint his eyes and the base too. I need to add more detail to his mane and tail as well. This item is a commissioned project.




Above is a Rose Reining horse I'm working on. Reiner is sculpted by the talented Sarah Rose. Here I've established the pattern using pastels. As work progresses the dark skin tones will take on color. He will have a light golden mane and tail and his body color will be a greyish-brown. At this point he is in the early stages at about 10% completed. This is a commission project.

More to come soon! 
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

1 comment:

  1. I love what you're doing with that Reiner. Please keep the progress coming!

    :)

    ReplyDelete