Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pushing the paintbrush....

Woke up this morning to 17 degrees outside...after a very mild fall and winter with upper 60s temps the cold is a big change.

Above is my next sales item...a mini Callahan resin sculpted by Adalee Hude. I'm working with a pastel base color and will go over this base color with the oil colors. I painted a mini Smittyn resin ages ago with this technique and it worked very well. I usually work in 100% oils but I think it helps me be more creative to change up my technique from time to time.

Callahan will in the end be a dark bay sabino color with blue eyes.

Above is the beginnings of a sabino on a Rose Reiner resin which I have removed from its' base...some modification was need for him to stand so I added a metal bar to one of his hooves which I will show photos of as this project progresses.....this reiner is a commissioned item.....as you can see sitting behind my work is one of my hard copy pages of sabino reference photos. I also have an external hard drive library and several CDs of reference photos. I can never have too many reference photos to work from....I'm struggling with my paint/pinto patterns and I need practice...practice....and more practice.

Off to push those paint brushes!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment