Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm a resin hoarder....


This last weekend I discovered that I am a resin hoarder...lol looked that way to me when I unpacked all of the resins I had accumulated over the past...oh 8 years.....
There was only one I did not remember purchasing..Jethro...see below:
My goodness he is impressive in person! Very large traditional size...I'm seeing him in bay with nice white markings.

I had a realization this past weekend....I knew it and had thought it myself. My Charlie looked at me and said "you know I think it is time for you to start painting those resins you have stashed away while you can still see to do so".

So Monday AM I unpacked the five boxes I have of unpainted resins. I took photos and tagged them...my goodness I had thought I had tagged these guys! I have my prepped plastics all out on the shelves....have to get photos of those as well.

My goodness it will be difficult to choose colors for some of these...so many options...some of them I had already picked out reference photos years ago to paint by.

I imagine there will be a few I will end up not sending to the auction block. These will go into my "private collection" folder on my web page where if I get an offer I can not live without then out the door it will go.

Years ago when I was not painting full time and had a job I purchased resins whenever I could. and put them away. I still have a very difficult time calling what I do (painting for a living) a "hobby"....especially when I visit my tax man and have to write that check for my income tax. IMO what I do is a job and a business. I have income and deductions, overhead, shipping, customers...all that good stuff. Does the fact that I'm painting 3-D rather than flat work make my job a "hobby"? I just don't understand....that is another subject for another day.

Here is the link to the rest of the blank resin/plastic photos if you would like to see:

http://csrichmondstudios.webs.com/apps/photos/

Click on the "items to be painted and sold" album there in the gallery.

My commission books are closed. I'll be finishing up my in studio commissions during 2012 and completing a few sales items as well.

There may be one or two resins I just won't be able to say no to painting if asked....however I must draw the line somewhere in order to get my stash painted within the next 10 years ...ha ha! Seriously it will be a challenge to get them all completed.....

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

4 comments:

  1. I am so Jealous you have 4 unpainted Rose Reiners!! I can't even get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fortunate that Rose Studios allowed long time payments..I could not have afforded them otherwise.....been paying on two copies a long time :) The other two copies I received in trade a while back.....I'm thankful for that as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jbearsie26@yahoo.comJune 12, 2016 at 9:34 AM

    Hi did you end up painting your Ventador molds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thank you for your question...as of this date I have not painted my Venator resins..I will be painting them in a few years from now once I retire from my work.

    ReplyDelete