Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rose Reining horse details....and blue eyes...


I've been experimenting with the application of several layers of acrylic details over oil colors for the past several months. The Rose Reining horse below is one and the horse in a previous post, the Annihilator copy #6 was the other project I used this application on. I am pleased with the look and result.




The horse above will have a light golden cream and white mane and tail once completed.

I had the opportunity to once again photograph a commission I created back in early 2009....updated photos using my new camera too!

The guy below is a Crusher resin sculpted by the talented Kitty Cantrell. This was a commission project and I was asked to paint him and do some re sculpting on this resins mane, tail and legs as well.











I began searching through my old files to locate some of my older works...and I still need to find the photos from when I first began painting the horses back in 2003.

I like to go back and look at my old works to compare my progress....to see where I can improve even more and build on the work I'm painting now.

Here is another past work I painted with blue eyes...a traditional sized Scarlett resin commission. Scarlett is sculpted by the super talent of Stacey Tumlinson.




Until next time ...have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios

2 comments: