Thursday, June 7, 2012

The beginnings of "Lyra"...

Yesterday I started painting my copy of "Lyra"....little "Poet" will follow once "Lyra" is a bit further along.

Both "Lyra" and "Poet" were sculpted by the talented Mindy Berg.

These will be among my next sales offerings....

I had a lovely sabino mare reference photo on file...she has a neat colored mane and tail and she also has that wonderful steelish-red-grey tone in her coat that I love.

Here the two are unpainted....



...and here is "Lyra" in her very early stage of colors....



Until next time....have a wonderful day everyone!

C.S.Richmond Studios

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just that first stage of color really made her come alive! Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love the look of both the Lyra and Poet sculptures...the sabino colors suit them well I think.

    ReplyDelete