Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Royal Poet" auction goes live 2.21.2012

Little "Callahan" resin...."Royal Poet" Ebay auction going live tonight 2.21.2012 at around 10:30 PM PST. He will run for a 5 day auction.

I figured out how to add the photos right into the auction without so that auction lookers would not have to click on the photo section of the auction...the photos are extra large too....I wondered how other artists were adding the photos right to their auctions. I was about to email another artists when I saw the little HTML tab there in the edit section. To my eyes having those photos...and lots of them...right there on the page really adds to the auction.

I had mentioned in a previous blog post that I had ordered some new backgrounds. For "Royal Poets" ad I chose to use a warm peach/brown/grey muslin background to go with his warm dappled grey color.

It has been a while since I've had an auction.....testing the waters :)

My husband and I traveled to a model horse show last weekend..the Sea 2 Bay model horse show....it had been since 2009 since I had been. It was a wonderful show...it was great to see friends again and to meet new ones! The model horses were gorgeous and the tables were full in 99% of the classes. The show hall was fantastic and very very nice! Everyone was so nice and it was a great time!

I completed the big Boreas resin. He sure is stunning in person!



Boreas did very well at the show..he won champion in the draft breed classes and champion in the draft breed workmanship classes.

The other little one that did well was miss "Daisy Chane" ..."Daisy Chane" is the collaboration project that Karla Zdoik of Kamansa Corner Studiosand I did last year. I had been tinkering around with a Breyer Balking Mule and I knew that I just did not have the sculpting ability to create all of the hair on miss "Daisy". So there the mule sat for a few years..I had managed to get the muzzle done and get her redone so that she sat on her haunches and a quirky tilt to her hed.... but that is about it. Finally I had looked at that mule long enough....I contacted Karla to see if she would work on the sculpting. Karla did a fantastic job on the hair...the flow and pattern of that hair is amazing and so real looking. Stunning!


Miss Daisy Chane won 1st in long ears breed ...champion in the CM long ears/exotics , mix half grade, and other pure breed classes...1st in workmanship and reserve champion in workmanship for the long ears mix half grade, and other pure breed classes.

I'll be posting "Royal Poets" auction link here and other places tomorrow morning....have a wonderful day everyone!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment