Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winter with no winter...

Well I'm not sure where winter is but it sure has not been in my neck of the woods. This winter season has been fitting right into place with the crazy events of last year. It is only fitting that we have no snow and temps in the 60s for weeks on end.

We did feel a bit of old man winter a few days ago when the temps dipped into the mid twenties at night...and one squall of "thunder snow" last weekend. Snow in a thunderstorm...who would have thought there could be such a thing.


I took the above photo last summer..view is from my studio window which is at my back. The purple shrub in known as a "Butterfly Bush"...that is what we call them anyway. Appropriately named as the blooms are covered with butterflies all summer.
I don't think I've posted this photo here before....I post so many photos here and there it is difficult to remember where I've posted what :)

I've completed the photos of "Royal Poet"...the mini Callahan sculpted by the talented Adalee Hude. His paintwork is all nice and dry and his sealer has been applied...he is set! I have some new background photography material colors coming in and I'd like to experiment with the new colors to see how they do with warm dappled grey colors.

I'll be listing "Royal Poet" to Ebay sometime next week. It has been a while since I had a sales item...and I've been battling back and forth on where to list him. My Auction Barn or Ebay....Ebay or My Auction Barn. Ebay won out....

Stay tuned! More info on the "Royal Poet" sale soon!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment