Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mad to the bone...

I've been working on an Annihilator for a long while now...the guy pictured below has lots of details to be added...layer by layer and hair by hair. I've completed the first layer of details...well actually there is a dark detail layer under the light detail layer which is on the neck and face area...  now I'm moving on to the second layer...or I should say the third layer. The brightness of the first layer will be somewhat muted after the second layer of details has been applied. My last and final layer of hair detail will be the lightest in color.

I'm still not comfortable with the pattern around the withers...I may alter that soon....that area is really bugging me!

Later I'll add more white patches on the neck....I'm working from a reference photo which shows lots of ticking and small white patches and lighter areas on the neck....







He would be along the lines of the Sugarbush drafters in color....this guy is a commissioned item.

I used oils for the base colors and now I'm applying acrylic hair detail over the oils.

Off to paint now! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

1 comment: