Saturday, May 12, 2012

Senator, Affinity, and this and that...

Working on a lovely bay commissioned Senator resin sculpted by the talented and gifted Brigitte Eberl....two to three more coats to the body are needed as well as painting details etc. I'm loving the color so far....I'm using another nice bay TB reference photo to paint by. The reference photo horse has some wonderful black shading, a nice facial marking and three sox with fantastic toned striped hooves....you know the kind with the neat contrasting black stripe and the lighter golden cream colors that look so well together?





I received my Rose Affinity resin in the mail the other day...wow! Is she ever fantastic in person! Her face is exquisite and so expressive! Another Sarah Rose fantastic resin canvas!

I've decided to paint my Affinity to a nice deep dark bay and a few dapples using photos to paint by which are owned by Cindy Evans ...thank you Cindy for allowing me use of your photos!

I'm going to use the same leg markings from the TB horse I'm using to paint the Senator resin by....that should be a wonderful combination of colors and markings.

Once painted will I be able to part with Affinity? Good question!


"Steel General" is completed with exception of the addition of metal shoes...I began working on his set but found some online that will work wonderful and save me time!


More photos of "Steel General" can be seen on my website:

http://csrichmondstudios.webs.com/forsale.htm

To all the Moms out there have a wonderful Mothers Day this Sunday!

C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment