Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reining kings and sea turtles...and one fish....

There is a wonderful cool breeze blowing through my studio window this morning. It's 7 am and the sun is just coming up over the trees down in the field bottom. I'm looking at my studio shelves and am counting four more commissions nearing completion....if I count the massive Annihilator resin which only needs sealer the total is five.

Below are two current commissions which are nearing completion...these two are the wonderful Sarah Rose Reining Horses.

This guy has 6 layers of color applied....I'm looking at perhaps three to four more coats of color which needs to be applied before I can move onto painting his eyes, hooves, mane and tail...




This next Reiner has 5 layers of color....he is being painted as a pintaloosa. At this stage he is about 55% completed....



Here is a little something non-equine....I also hand paint other little creatures.

These three little fellas I painted as Christmas gifts a few years back for my sister and my two cousins.
The little life size sea turtles were cast by the talented Lora Speiser...the reference photo I used as a guide to paint the sea turtles sits behind the three painted ones....



Here is an Atlantic Spade fish I painted in oil colors for a customer...the Spade fish I painted was 24 inches long. I used a variety of metallic oils for this project and I sealed the project in high a super gloss finish ....



Here is a close up of the scale details I painted ....





I would love to take on the challenge of painting a brown trout replica in oil colors someday....and a sail fish.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment