Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Photo Experiments

This morning I experimented with the new backgrounds I purchased a few weeks ago. I purchased three colors of muslin...brown(peach)/green/blue ...blue/green....grey/blue.

This morning I took photos of my Breyer dappled grey in progress project ....I used each of the color backgrounds and took three photos. I did adjust the contrast and warmed the tones a bit...even after the color adjustments you can see the effects the different colored backgrounds had on the color of my horse.

Here is the photo taken using the grey/blue cloth....
Here is the photo taken using the blue/green cloth...
and lastly here is the photo I took using the brown(peach)/green/blue cloth....

Sitting here holding the actual horse in my hand in front of the computer screen the first photo shows the closest-to-real-life color of the horse I'm painting.

The top photo seems to bring out the brown warm tones in the paintwork...even though the cloth is grey/blue it is showing the warm colors in my paintwork.

The bottom photo shows a steel grey horse color while the second photo shows a greenish horse...even with the adjustments the green tint remained. Perhaps a very dark bay or black horse horse would work well with this blue/green background...chestnut?

Practice and experimenting....a learning experience.
Enjoy your day!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment