Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Bulls Eye" primer testing part 2 plus a little this and that...

Ok....I've applied the Rustolium "Bulls Eye" primer to the little Breyer Andalusian resin and I must say I am very satisfied with the results. I forgot to mention in my last post that I purchased the "Bulls Eye" primer at our local Lowes home and garden center...

My first several layers of the primer were applied using an air brush (my el-cheapo air brush) and the last layer I applied using a small flat soft paint brush just to see how it would work...I thinned the primer to the consistency of light cream or whole milk for the air brush application as well as the application with my brush.

The "Bulls Eye" primer worked well with the application of my first coat of paint....I might remind readers that I am working in oil colors. Below is my Andalusian project with the first coat of oils....this project will be a sales item...


I've applied paint to several projects this week and I've worked on prepping in the evenings as well. Here is a Lirico pictured alongside of the reference photo I'm using to paint by....Lirico is sculpted by the super talented Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig...


...and below is a photo of a wonderful Mr. Shadow...sculpted by the gifted Nicole Hatch...Mr. Shadow is also a sales item I will be offering soon....here Mr. Shadow is pictured next to the reference photo I am painting by...I love this color grey!


...and last but not least, pictured below, is the wonderful Boise Bound resin...sculpted by the super gifted Michelle Platt...here Boise is about 95% completed....


As a side note we had a wonderful little snow the other day...it melted so fast but was very pretty...sticking to everything like powdered sugar...even the blooming daffodils received a powdering.....



Have a wonderful day everyone! Time for me to paint!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment