Monday, July 30, 2012

Prepping fever...

Prepping began about 10 days ago on four new projects. Three commissions and one sales item.

One in progress commission is one of my all time favorite mules....a Mulinette mule sculpted by the super talent of Brigitte Eberl....


Next is the without-a-doubt famous Stormwatch resin sculpted by the ever popular Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig...this one is a commissioned item....


...and I am sure everyone is familiar with this next project...the larger-than-life Independence resin sculpted by the talented Sarah Rose of Rose Horse Studios....he is a commissioned item...


Next is the super tough draft ...he is the Romulus 2 resin sculpted by the talents of Mandi Hickman....another commissioned item...


Last but not least is my next sales item...this is the well known Rose Reining horse...another wonderful sculpture by the gifted Sarah Rose of Rose Horse Studios. This copy I plan to customize by the addition of the copper support bar to the bottom of his rear hoof so that he stands on his own without a base. As you can see in the photo below the addition of the bar has almost been completed.....I also want to customize the base so that the new owner can use the base with the resin for display or use the resin in a performance set up or show the resin at a live model horse show without the base if they wish.

I have high hopes of making my idea work...we shall see....


I wanted to pass along a new item idea I've been using for a few months...it is the steel reinforced Epoxy J.B.Weld. My husband introduced this to me one day when he was fixing something. I've used it several times in mending different things around the house...the name plate on the mail box and other stuff....and I've also used the J.B.Weld to fix resin horses that have been sent to me for repairs of ears, legs and tails. It can be sanded just like the Aves brand but it is more liquid so it can not be sculpted until it is dry....and I doubt if you could use it to sculpt an ear tip as it has just too much of a liquidity to it. Using it to mend two broken parts together it works fantastically well! Much better than Super Glue as it does not deteriorate over time.

This is the same product I used in a previous post about the mending of the ceramic frog...also I use a piece of the blue painters masking tape to hold the two broken pieces together while the J.B.Weld is drying.


That's about it for now..more soon!
Enjoy your day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the jb weld! I am sure I can use it with my horses.
    Sheila Uva

    ReplyDelete