Monday, July 2, 2012

Rose "Affinity" ..colors...

I love this sculpture. She is the wonderful new "Affinity" TB filly sculpted by the ever popular Sarah Rose.

I've chosen a title for this project...she will be titled "Air Deva".

I've also chosen a reference color photo to use as a template...I can see a hint of wonderful tones in the reference horses coat...warm brown floating around in there with all those wonderful dark gray tones.

The reference photo was taken by Cindy Evans of Cindy Evans Photography. I've admired Cindy's photography for a while now and she just happened to have this photo among the many wonderful horses in her albums. Photo credit goes to Cindy Evans...thank you Cindy!

I'll be adjusting the dark hair color spot on the reference horses face...something a bit more subtle...but I love the white face marking on this horse...the way it curls over the horses nostril...



"Air Deva" will be my next sales/auction item....she will be painted in wonderful oil colors....ahhh the warm rosey grey colors!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios


2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!

    They are a mirror image of each other!!!

    Patti~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed to find the perfect photo...just like the sculpture...in the perfect shade of gray :)

    ReplyDelete