Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The leaves of summer....

The leaves of summer green are beginning to change to their fall colors ....the reds are showing on some of the shrubs...a tad early I think.

Fall my favorite time of year!

Progress continues in the studio with the prepping and painting of several commissions and the one Rose Reiner sales item.

Silver dilution coat colors....along with the color dappled grey the silvers are my favorite all time horse colors.

Here is a traditional sized Independence resin I am painting as silver Walkaloosa ...Indy is a commission project. He will have a light silver mane and tail once completed.  In this photo Indy is about 35% completed.


The progress on the Rose Reiner sales item is good...I've customized his mane to be tack friendly for a saddle breast collar and reins.....I'm still thinking how to incorporate the base along with this customized Reiner....I've also removed Reiner from his base and I've made him "free standing".

Both the Rose Reiner and the Rose Independence resin were sculpted by the ever popular Sarah Rose. 



...last but certainly not least is the wonderful Stormwatch commission....Stormwatch is an amazingly detailed sculpture created by the super gifted Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig.

This copy of Stormwatch is being painted as an elder slightly dappled flea bitten grey...he will have a golden toned mane and tail once completed as well as individually hand painted flea bites. Stormwatch is about 35% completed in these photos....





Have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment