Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rose Reining horse progress...

The white paint application is now dry enough now on the two Rose Reining horse projects to continue work....the next step for these two is the addition of the details, shading, and skin color. Here I've started the first layer of detail on one Reiner with many more layers of fine hair details to go...this copy will be a pintaloosa...


The second Rose Reining horse will be a sabino.....time for me to begin applying the fist layer of detail to this project....




The Rose Reining horses above were sculpted by the super talented Sarah Rose.

Below you see the detailing which has been added to a wonderful traditional Wyakin resin....




At this stage I'm still applying the fine hair details...more layers and shades will be added ..alternating between light,dark, and medium shades to achieve the results I'm looking for. In one of the photos you can see the reference photo I'm using as my guide to paint by.

Wyakin has been sculpted by the gifted Michelle Platt.

All of the above projects are commissions.

The Breyer Andalusian mini resin sales item named "Alejandro" was sold via my yahoo group...

Prepping continues in the evenings on the balance of the in studio commissions....there are several which have been prepped and are awaiting their turn on the painting table.....

I did purchase a new camera and I must say it was a splendid worthwhile investment...this morning I experimented a bit with taking photos and editing them. The Rose Reining horse photos above were taken with the new camera using my studio lamp as lighting......the Wyakin resin photos were taken with my old camera using my backdrop set up.

The new camera photos are so crisp, detailed and clear and the colors are so much more real life than the colors my old camera were giving me. I'll need to practice more with the lighting set up using my backdrop....

Have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment