Monday, November 2, 2009


Hi all :)
I've completed "Ravenhill Revisited" and his final photos have been taken.....he will be on his way to Stacey Tumlinson in the morning:) It has been raining and cloudy for three days now....not good picture taking weather for me as I do not have a photo box set up. I've always relied on the early morning sunlight for taking photos as this light seems to do best for me and my camera....and that early morning light puts a good deep reflecting light on my paintworks eyes...picking up the highlights...and bringing out the truest colors.
I've enjoyed painting this copy of Ravenhill Revisited....I feel I have improved and refined my appaloosa painting technique over the past several months and I look forward to improving and learning more on painting the appaloosa color as well as all equine colors. For me there is always a higher painting technique goal to reach...a new painting "tool" to experiment with for improvement....and the challenge of "seeing" the layers of color in the live horse...from the skin under the hair to the coat color itself.....and applying this to my paintwork for a more realistic and life like end result. Each time I paint I am learning. My ref book library is growing...my equine genetics books and horse color books are a must for me....and the internet is a very useful tool:)
Click on the above photo to see it in large scale:)
Have a wonderful day all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment