Friday, February 11, 2011

As the cold wind blows...

Looking out of my studio window today the sun looks nice..there is no wind today..or snow or rain. Thankfully we have not had the amount of snow this year that we had last year here in Virginia...I have read about the harsh storms out west with the heavy snows. Spring is on the horizon! Soon the flowers will bloom!
Working away in the studio the days fly by...I paint by my favorite music or tune into my favorites on You-Tube...I have my You-Tube account set up so I have some "background noise" for hours on end. I listen to many of my old time favorite TV shows from way back when. My favorite is the old romance TV show "Beauty and the Beast"...remember that show? I had not seen that show since the 80s and stumbled across it last year online. I also have discovered HULU online...and again hundreds of hours of "background noise" to paint by. Does anyone remember "My So Called Life"? That was a TV show set in a high school and told of the life of one teen girl and her close friends and thier trials in growing up...the show was from back in 1994-1995 and stared Claire Danes...I think it only ran for one or two seasons and then ended with a clif-hanger.
Anyway...enough of my ramplings....here are a few projects I am working on....
Above is a wonderful El Embosco traditional resin...sculpted by the ever talented Morgen Kilbourn...this is a commissioned item. Owned and commissioned by Marla...pictured here El Embosco is a work in progress and is approx. 65% compled. As always my items are 100% handpainted .....paintwork by C.S.Richmond Studios.
AND! Above is a lovely Eberl Lorenze traditional resin...another commission project.....commissioned and owned by Michelle. Again, as always... this item is being painted by hand...all the fine hair details are painted hair by hair....layer upon layer. No airbrush for me....I like the control and detailing I get with the brush filled with rich oil colors. Michelles Lorenze is being painted using oil colors and acrylic paints and pastels for the detailing. In this photo Lorenze is approx. 65% completed.
And last but certainly not least..is the wild and crazy Annihilator! Sculpted to the angry beast that he is by the talented Debbi Lermond.




This copy of "The Annihilator" was commissioned and owned by Sophie Morel...whos dream of an angry beast-of-a-horse was transformed into this wonderful sculpture by Debbi. Sophie has named this copy of her Annihilator "Dauntless"...in these photos "Dauntless" is completed. I painted "Dauntless" by hand in oil colors and acrylics for detailing.
Well I am off to paint again....have a wonderful day every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment