Saturday, September 24, 2011

Progress....

Time for a blog post...it has been a while for sure.

I adore the fall....the colors of the leaves and the nice cool air. The rain on the fallen bright orange, red and yellow leaves...so pretty.

I've been busy in the studio. After hurricane Irene and the damage here in central Virginia from the 71 MPH winds..the loss of electric for five days and the loss of productivity from clean up and no studio lamp to aid my painting.... I've happily completed several projects. We had another hurrican named Isabelle come thru here back about five years ago....we had the same amount of distruction and the winds were measured at 68MPH.

As you all have heard by now there was a 5.8 earthquake here on the east coast on August 23rd, 2011. The origin of the earthquake was 70 miles from my home.The last time I checked there had been more than 30 aftershocks. 

Having these natural occurances happen I felt the need to re-arange my studio to better protect customers resins...so I took a day to pack all the unpainted customer resins away in bubble wrap. The way our house shook with things falling and pictures dropping from the walls I am amazed that there were no resin fatalities. I also had to re-do how I kept the "wet paint" resins....I placed them in a more secure closer-to-the-floor location.

Here are a few completed items....
Sweet Elsie and Oliver.....sculpted by the gifted and talented Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig. The above items were commissioned and are owned by Kate Cabot. It was a true pleasure painting these two wonderful resins.

Next is a wonderful palomino Kentucky Reign. This is only the second palomino sculpture I have had the pleasure to paint ....




Kentucky Reign Traditional American Saddlebred Mare resin...sculpted by the very talented Debbi LerMond. Commissioned and owned by Lori Martinez. The mane and tail sculpted to accent the sculpture is amazing to see in person. The delicate detail is fantastic. Another true treasure I am happy to have had the pleasure of painting.

Next is wonderful Valinor little bit warmblood mare..skillfully sculpted by Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig. Owned by Susan Rice:


Susan has chosen the name "Say it in Silver" for this copy of Valinor....I'm still working on the final photos of Susans item....waiting for the sun to shine so I can get more photos of this item.

Well that is all the studio happenings to report at this time....enjoy the fall everyone!
Sandra Hottinger
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment