Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Alejandro" and "Lirico"

This is a wonderful little Breyer Andalusian resin sculpted by the gifted and talented Brigette Eberl.....I've been working on him for a while and last week he was completed and then sold via my C.S.Richmond Studios Yahoo group early this week.

This little resin measures 6 inches long by 5 inches tall...and I've removed the resin from its factory base.

I named this little guy "Alejandro"....the name "Alejandro" is a variation of the name "Alexander" which means "defender". "Alexander" is also my Dads middle name.....I love giving titles or names to my projects and have done so since I began painting back in 2003.

Here is "Alejandro"...













I have several rose grey photos in my reference library I love to use. I have one fascinating deep dark rose grey reference photo I'm saving to paint my Maggie Bennett "Superlumina" by....in the reference photo there are nice cream colors and some cream with the rose color...amazing colors that remind me of deep dark black cherries and cream with a bit of that dark steel grey color mixed in...lovely!

Also coming up for sale is the "Mr. Shadow" resin sculpted by Nicole Hatch.."Shadow" is being painted using a TB Racehorse photo I love...a warm brown rosy grey I love with dark steel hindquarters and shadings.

Another thriller to paint was "Lirico" sculpted by the talented Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig..he was completed last week as well and was a commission. For me, "Lirico" is one of those sculptures that has that "amazing full of expression" face...even unpainted I could see in my minds eye the fire he has in his eyes...here are his final photos.....lots of them :)

















I'm also working on purchasing a new camera...the one I have is an el-cheapo one I've had since 2000 that takes small file photos and is a simple point and shoot camera...time to upgrade for sure. I'm going with a Canon...I think the T2i model.

Back in the 80s I used to take lots of photos with my a Pentax camera...I still have the camera and all the lenses. Times have moved on and the days of cameras with film in them are gone....I really needed to take a photography class at the time so that I could learn how to use that camera....still do need classes :) ...or at least join a forum to learn more and how to take better photos.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
C.S.Richmond Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment